Thursday 20 August 2009

First Day of a New School Year

I've been at home the last little while, not feeling as frisky as I normally do, and this is why it continues to be quiet on my blog.


Having said this, it is important that I blog a little bit for my family back in The New Country, keeping them updated with what has been happening in my children's lives.


Yesterday was the first day of a new school year for my son. Yesterday he began second grade.... and couldn't wait to get going. I should have let him sleep in 15 minutes longer than I did. He was itching to get out of the door.


[First of all - a warning the the pictures are not as great as they usually are. My hands are not as steady as they normally are, and my brain is not as focussed as it usually is]


Here he is eating breakfast, yougurt and musli:


And suddenly he said to me: I need to have blue hair today. It's the first day of school!


Fair enough - we put some blue in his hair.


And then I forgot to turn off the flash:


And after I thought I had turned off the flash, it turned out I did not push the proper button hard enough:


But there's no time to take new pictures as my son has really important things to do today.

Like putting on shoes that won't cooperate.

Okay - he's ready to go and will stand still long enought to let me take a picture.

And I forget to turn off the flash.


Ahhh... I'm giving up on taking proper pictures now. Now I just want to sit on the couch and relax before my daughter wakes up.

My son checks his bag one more time.


Okay Mom, no more pictures. I'm ready to go.


And off he runs without a hug and kiss. (Which is okay because I definitely should not be kissing him too much right now).


And I run to the kitchen window before he disappears for the next 6 hours.

It's very quiet in the house right now....

6 comments:

Chichiboulie said...

great photos and what a cute little boy! i hope he had a wonderful first day back.

BlueTerracotta said...

Wow, he does look enthusiastic! That's great, and I hope his first day was really fantastic, with a nice teacher and friends in his class!

baahar said...

loved reading your post :) they grow up so fast don't they :)

ingermaaike said...

Yup pretty much what an average morning looks like...

StaroftheEast said...

Lovely post, your boy sure has a big love for blue hair and nails :)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, you are so cute, Nicole with the flash on and off thingy. Your son looks so cool with his blue hair, and betya he could have amazed many kids there on his first day. :)