Saturday 27 June 2009

One Cozy Morning.....

The women in my family wake up early. It's always been this way, as far as I can remember. Even when attending parties and being up to the early hours of the night, I still don't sleep to later than 8.30 am.


This has continued into my holiday this year. Less than a week into my holiday and I have not managed to sleep later than 6.30 yet. But I'm working on it.


In the meantime, I had a very nice surprise yesterday morning. I was up and water was boiling to make coffee. And I thought I would take a picture or two of the water outside of where we are.





The water was perfectly peaceful, only interrupted by small circles made by feeding fish. It was so quiet...... with the exception of a little bit of insect activity. It didn't even appear that the birds were awake yet.


And then I heard a little giggle. I turned around and saw a flash of pink disappear around the corner and back into the kitchen.


I wish I could have reacted fast enough to get a picture of that. But as said, it was early and there was no caffine in my bloodstream yet.


So I too snuck back in the kitchen and found my favorite girl waiting for me with a big smile on her face. I made the two of us breakfast.


She was hungry! But while eating we had, for the first time since maybe Easter, a really good conversation - just her and I.

We spoke about Canada, about fishing, and swimming and sinking to the bottom of the ocean. She mentioned a dream she had a week or so ago, and I told her of a nightmare I had when I was little, that seems silly now. Even she thought so.

We spoke about the cartoons that we might be watching if we were home, and how neither of us really missed them.

And then she says: Take a picture of us together, Mom.

Well, my hair was not washed, and neither was my face. But this was here and I, right? So here is the picture, which she at least really liked:


And then it's time for posing.....


And Voguing.....

(with chocolate not yet washed off....)



And time to hang on the swing......



And prove that she can climb up all by herself.



Back.......



And forth.......


And then suddenly she's forgotten all about her mother and life opens up with all its possibilities....

7 comments:

StaroftheEast said...

Sweet :)
Seems like the next generation of women in your family will be the same, atleast you won't be alone early in the morning :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

very sweet article! Children are so bright and fresh.

ingermaaike said...

Such a delight just the two of you!

Kreativlink said...

What a lovely read!
And what beautiful girls you are! :)

BlueTerracotta said...

You two are adorable. Those are some moments to cherish :)

RitaJC said...

How sweet!
Thank you so much for sharing!

LeelaBijou said...

So lovely! :)