Tuesday 29 September 2009

New Soaps - Broken Camera

I'm finally ready to show off some of my soaps! I'm so pleased and thrilled.... I no doubt needed a change in my life, with new challenges to face, new magic to learn to weave.


On the down-side, my camera is no longer working as it should. Fair enough, I've had it for almost 5 years, and it has taken thousands and thousands of pictures. Still, I was hoping it would be a bit before I would have to purchase a new one.


In the meantime, I've borrowed my daughter's camera.... and I'm desprately trying to figure out how to use the macro function (which should be easy enough to figure out.... but isn't always). So not all the pictures are as great as I would like them to be.


First picture: Wild Flower Soap. This soap is made from the last of the wild flowers picked from my sea side cabin.... with wild rose petals placed on top.



Christmas Spice Soap: soap made with the spices of All Spice (Allehånde krydder på norsk), cinnamon and a bit of oatmeal. This is the soap that is stinking up my hallway.... and no one is complaining.
Mint Soap: White Castille Soap mixed with fresh mint leaves. Mmmmm......

Cucumber Soap: this is cucumber soap mixed with bits of diced Castille soap. A really cool pattern.



Coffee Soap: made from both coffee with coffee grounds added. According to all the experts, this soap is what is needed for those working with fish, onions and garlic. And it feels really great on the hands.

Man's Soap from Juniper Berries: my first 'male based' soap made from juniper berries (einebær på norsk). I've chosen these berries both for the smell, but also because juniper berries have had disinfecting qualities.


One of my first Heather Soaps (Lyng på norsk). I've given many of these away to great reviews. I'm looking forward to making more of this soon.



Below is a simple soap with some Cherry Juice swirled into it.



And below is some Rose Hip soap (Nype) that I took out of it's form tonight.

Here it is before the big moment....


Gorgeous colors of reds, oranges and dark pinks....



And here they are all cut up.... ready to be dried.



I can't wait to try these ones!

7 comments:

ira said...

Oh they are look so delicious Nicole, can't wait to see them on Etsy!

StaroftheEast said...

They look delicious especially the lila/purple one looks very attractive!

ingermaaike said...

They look good enough to eat, taste not so great I fear :-D

Wish there was smellovision on your blog..

Jane_Bo said...

Looks very natural and yummy!) Even don't know which one I like more - all)

Nathalie said...

They look good enough to eat!

RitaJC said...

WOW! Congrats to your new passion!

May it be a success!!!

Arctida said...

OMG! Your soaps look so yummy :) making soaps is so much fun!